Treating Customers Fairly
2XL Commercial Finance ensures clients are at the very heart of all that we do. We are fully committed to providing the highest standards of customer service and advice.
Where we have alluded to “Customers” in this policy, we refer to all third parties connected with a transaction.
Our customers are our most valuable asset and our aim is to ensure we deliver a user-friendly, robust, reliable and cost-effective service to all concerned.
As a part of our overall approach we are fully committed to treating our clients fairly and as such we endeavour to meet their expectations of high quality service.
Our Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) policy is centred around the guidance provided by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to ensure we consistently deliver fair outcomes to our customers and take responsibility for both 2XL Commercial Finance Limited as an organisation, and our staff (at all levels) providing an enhanced service quality to clients, based on a culture of openness and transparency.
As a firm, we take the requirements of the FCA seriously, in particular, the requirement to treat customers fairly.
The FCA has outlined six key themes which are central to our TCF initiative:
- Customers should be confident that they are dealing with firms where treating customers fairly is embedded in the corporate culture.
- Services marketed and sold are done so with the aim that they meet the needs of customers and are targeted accordingly.
- Customers should be provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the service provision
- Where advice is provided, it takes into account a clients individual circumstances
- The service provided is of an acceptable standard
- Customers do not face unreasonable barriers to make a complaint
- We ascertain the appropriateness of the requested service for all new customers prior to accepting a request for finance ensuring it is in line with their knowledge and experience.
- We continually aim to understand the needs of our customers.
- We aim to keep our clients fully informed in a clear and fair manner that is unambiguous and not misleading.
- We ensure our services are delivered with clarity and transparency and do not contain hidden conditions or rely on complex technical definitions.
- We will keep an accurate and comprehensive record of all our dealings with a customer, so that in the event of any dispute or discrepancy, we will be able to provide a full breakdown of interchanges between all parties.
- We make certain our clients understand the risks associated with our services at the outset of an instruction, where appropriate.
- We work hard to ensure that service and risk information remains clear and prominent at all times
- In the unlikely event that there is a conflict of interest, we will inform our customers as soon as possible once we become aware of it.
We have set out how we aim to ensure these principles are embedded in our approach to dealing with our clients.
Treating Customers Fairly is a core principle of our company and the way we conduct our business.
We are constantly striving to improve our service and develop new and innovative ways to communicate our services and new product information to all parties who may have had historic dealings with our firm or may have dealings with us in the future.
Central to our Treating Customers Fairly ethos is our commitment to providing clear and concise information, free of “jargon” and written in plain English.
The core principles of our “Treating Customers Fairly” Policy are as follows;
- 2XL Commercial Finance Limited is an organisation which holds the fair treatment of our customers as central to our corporate culture.
- Products and services marketed and arranged market are designed to meet the individual needs of our customers.
- Our customers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after finance has been arranged.
- Where we offer advice to our customers, the advice is suitable and takes account of their individual circumstances, having obtained an understanding of their requirements.
- Customers will not face barriers should they change products if it transpires they are not fit for purpose or are substandard or wish to make a complaint.
- We will ensure that any complaints or grievances are handled in a sympathetic, positive and professional manner and within a reasonable time-frame.
- 2XL Commercial Finance Limited will ensure that members of staff are kept up to date with relevant training in relation to competence, data protection and other matters directly affecting the quality of service offered to customers.
- We will offer staff regular training in the principles of TCF as and when appropriate, ensuring continuing professional development by encouraging reading of the trade press, FCA website, newsletters and dissemination of relevant information as and when it becomes available.
Our priority is to provide our clients with an excellent service underpinned by quality and choice.
Our service is shaped by listening to our customers’ needs and understanding what is important to them. We take responsibility for meeting the needs of our customers and always look for ways to improve the quality of our service.
We aim to treat our clients fairly and deliver high quality services which meet their expectations throughout their relationship with us.
We recognise that our employees are critical to delivering a positive client experience and ensuring our customers are treated fairly. Our culture and values encourage and support our employees to deliver this.
All our employees are fully trained in dealing with our customers and in treating them fairly. We remunerate and incentivise our employees to encourage them to deal with all customers fairly, and to continually find ways to improve.
We respond in a timely manner to our customers’ and prospective customers’ questions and queries and address any issues or concerns promptly. All customer complaints are dealt with and escalated as appropriate and as required by us in order to meet our obligations to our customers. How we handle these is further detailed in our “Customer Complaints Procedure” detailed in a formal engagement letter which is issued at the commencement of acting on behalf of a customer.
Our policy is in line with the current guidance from the FCA and is in line with the principles of the FCA that “a firm must pay due regard to the interests of its customers and treat them fairly”.
Senior management will pay attention to the outcomes of complaints, which can serve as an important source of intelligence about the health of our business and systems. We will investigate the root causes of complaints and obtain feedback from customers who have experienced our complaints process in order to improve the level of service that we provide.
We will measure the length of time taken to deal with a complaint, the outcome, and the way in which the outcome is communicated to the customer to ensure that we are treating our customers fairly.
If you make a complaint and we are unable to meet our liabilities you may be entitled to compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Investment business will normally be covered up to a maximum of £50,000
Further information about these amounts and limits for all other product types are available from the FCS.
Customer Service Charter
Choosing the right financial advice is an important decision to make. Getting good advice will make a real difference to your business and achieving your goals.
We always act in the best interests of our clients and we offer a personal service tailored to your circumstances. We will always take the time to fully understand your needs by undertaking a review of your business background, performance and plans.
We provide credit broking services for all types of commercial finance and in certain situations may refer to strategic partner specialists.
We provide advice to make sure you have the right products for your immediate and future needs and work with an extensive panel of commercial finance providers.
We will arrange particular financial products at your request and keep you updated on any new product we feel meet your needs.
We look forward to agreeing how best we can meet your needs and providing you with solutions to meet your financial needs.
Commercial and Business Mortgages
Thinking about buying your own premises? Or are you considering investing in a commercial or residential property? Whether it's buying, investing or expanding your current portfolio, a commercial mortgage may be the right solution for you.
Commercial - Business - Personal Insurance
Don't waste your hard work in business by not securing appropriate insurance to cover all risks. We can help you with Public Liability Insurance, Employee Liability Insurance, Professional Indemnity Insurance, Buildings Insurance, Debtor protection, Life & critical illness plus much more.
If you are looking to redevelop an existing site or to invest in building a new commercial or residential property, we can help you secure development funding. Our experts can also help you with options to reinvest or expand your portfolio.
Enterprise Finance Guarantee Scheme
At 2XL, we can help you buy a business or secure finance to start your own! Whether it's finance to purchase assets or to find alternative funding in the absence of security, find out more.
Finance for Pension Funds (SSAS or SSIP)
Are you looking to make your SSAS or SIPP work harder for you? Whether you are on the search for a new property to invest in using your pension scheme, we can help guide you through the process.
Finance for Professionals
Specialist industries deserve specialist advice. If you operate in any of these areas, then do get in touch to find out how we can assist you in sourcing and securing finance solutions. Our team have experience working with Doctors, Dentists, Vets, Pharmacists, Solicitors, Care Homes and Specialist care providers.
Business Loan and Peer-to-Peer Funding
Looking to expand your business with an immediate cash injection? Maybe to pay a tax bill or purchase new equipment? We can help secure funding to support your business including the purchase of a new business or ease cashflow.
Property Portfolio Funding
Whether it's a solution to refinance existing properties, purchase a new commercial or residential property or to search for stronger rates of interest to release cash, 2XL can help you find funding.
Looking to purchase new assets or equipment for your business? Whether it is a business property refurbishment, an update to your fleet or machinery or even adding that much needed van or car for your business, we can help you secure asset finance.